Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

$5 + .50 online tourney on Monday

You're not going to believe this but it's funny as hell and I feel compelled to relay it.....even if nobody's reading... Monday morning I got up and signed up for a $5 + .50 NL Hold 'em tourney online. About 5 mins before it was due to begin, my wife came charging downstairs wanting to head out and run some errands and go to Lowes for this, and Home Depot for that...and of course... she wanted me to go with her. So as I tried to UNJOIN from the tourney, it locked up and it took a couple of minutes to get my server back up and running... and by THIS time, we were already seated at our respective tables and ready to start this tourney off... so in FINE BOPR fashion, I figgered the BEST way I was gonna get out of this was to just go ALL IN on the first hand or two and dish my chips off to the first Donkey who called me and hop on the road with momma.

I was dealt KTo right off the bat and I was UTG. Pushed all in and had 3 callers! UNBELIEVABLE! Well I hit my King and won the first pot and was immediately moved to another table with 6,000 chips in hand. Next hand I was dealt ATo and pushed it all in again at the button -1. I got 2 callers, one of shich had about 4K in his hand. I flopped 2 pr and took it down for nearly 12K now. I tossed it all again on the next hand with NOTHIN' and a guy with only a few hundred left called and I hit 1 pr to win again! Amazing! The folks at the table were calling me a Donkey and EVERYTHING else that came up in *******, but I couldn't help but laugh at the situation.

Being the creative one that I am.. I figured I could PROBABLY run my errands with my wife quickly and get back in time before I was blinded out of the tourney...yeah right! Long story short....I ended up spending WAY too much time out running errands and by the time I got back, my MONSTER stack was bled dry down to 27th place (out of 300+ players), which I found to be completely ironic that I just MAY have found a new way to sustain life in a tourney from now on......HA HA! Not likely, of course.

Pretty funny story though about something that just simply PISSES me off to no end when those Donkeys push all in on the first few hands in the free rolls, and yet they ALWAYS get a caller or two... or THREE in this unique case...

Happy Hunting!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?